Pathways recycling project
Pathways has started a couple of small, but exiting projects with regards to recycling and we would like to ask for your involvement to make these sustainable.
The aims of these projects are:
- Creating employment opportunities for young adults with special needs as well generate an income for them through this Pathways small business initiative.
- Creating meaningful employment related activities for learners in our school to work transition program
- Creating educational material from waste (recyclable material) to be distributed amongst informal pre-schools in previously disadvantaged communities (Kids4Kids project - This project has been very valuable in generating BEE partners)
- Creating a healthier environment by recycling the following
- Tins & Cans
- Printing cartridges
We would like to ask your help with the following:
- HOME: Please send all your used paper to school, this include
- Card board boxes, newspapers, magazines, telephone directories and office paper – those printed on one side as well as printed on both sides.
- Empty(washed) tins and cans, breakfast cereal boxes, empty egg holders, milk bottle tops
- Any used books, toys and stationary
- Any previously loved clothes
- OFFICE: If you work for a company/business, please ask them whether they would allow a Pathways recycling box in the office for all their paper to be collected. If you are in a position to empty the box at school once a month we will appreciate it, if not, we will collect. We would also like:
- Used printer cartridges
- Any old electronic equipment (old telephones, scanners, printers and computer boxes)
If you would like to do your own small initiative you could have a “MAD (Make a difference) DONATION DAY”: Ask all your friends and colleagues to bring all the toys, books, stationary, clothes, electronic equipment etc. to your office/home on a specific day. We will provide you with big bags and a thank you card with a little present that you could hand to them for their effort.
Finally, if you have any good contacts with restaurants, please ask them whether they would be willing to collect their empty cans for us to pick up. We will provide them with a container.
This project will prove that with a little effort we could make a big difference!
If you require any additional information please contact me on 082 866 7112 or email at email@example.com,za